STE Tecpharm delivers a new 50L granulation line for pharmaceutical products in Algeria.
This installation, designed for small productions, is composed of different integrated pieces of equipment with an in-wall design and managed from the same Siemens PC control panel.
High Shear Mixer Granulator. It has automatic lifting of the central agitator, peristaltic dosing pump and integrated conical calibrator. Fluidized Bed Dryer Granulator. With inlet and outlet air treatment systems, vacuum loading system from the in-line granulator, sampling valve, top spray granulation system and vacuum discharge system with integrated calibrator.
The entire installation has been validated with the ATEX II 3GD certificate.
The end result is complete granulation and drying equipment, fully automated to minimize production times, product loss and the risk of cross-contamination.
Now we begin the installation works at the customer’s manufacturing plant and the subsequent technical training.
The confidence in STE Tecpharm is renewed with this new project since, in 2017, this client already acquired an 880L Fluidized Bed Dryer-Granulator, large equipment of optimum performance.
STE Tecpharm completes the delivery of a complete wet granulation line for a pilot plant for the production of solid pharmaceutical forms, located in Spain.
The granulation line consists of different equipment, integrated into a single frame and managed from within the same control panel.
– 50L High-Shear Granulator.
– Calibrator mill for sieving the wet granule.
– Fluidized Bed Dryer 60L.
– Calibrator mill for sieving the dry granule.
– Fully automated loading, transport and unloading systems to avoid cross-contamination and ensuring optimal product transfer.
The entire installation has been validated with the ATEX II certificate.
Once installed in the cleanroom, this set minimizes the space required and provides maximum versatility for development studies and process scalability.
STE Tecpharm has designed and manufactured a new complete 600L wet granulation line for the production of microencapsulated food, for an important Spanish food group.
Microencapsulation is a process by which bioactive substances from food are introduced into a matrix to prevent them from being lost, to protect them from reaction with other compounds or to stop oxidation reactions. It is also used for the controlled release of nutrients and to transform flavors.
It is one of the most demanded techniques in the food industry.
Some utilities and applications of microencapsulation in food:
– Vitamin C: Ascorbic acid has been used because it is an antioxidant and as a vitamin supplement. The problem is that it oxidizes easily so it is convenient microencapsulation.
– Vitamin A: it is a fat-soluble vitamin, or encapsulation increases its stability, for example, in the storage of skimmed milk powder.
– Omega 3: it is a very beneficial product for our health but of short duration, microencapsulation would allow us to increase the duration and its use in baby food or in bakery products.
– Calcium: Soy milk contains little calcium but the calcium enrichment of soy milk presents a problem, it causes milk proteins to clot. This can be avoided by microencapsulation by keeping it stable for longer.
For all these reasons, this technique represents a great advance for the improvement of our diet and our goal is to improve it even more.
STE TECPHARM closes a new contract for the manufacture of a complete wet granulation line and a tablet coater with an Italian leading manufacturer of pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, cosmetic and food ingredients.